.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Redneck Hoo-ha

This blog all started with a simple story. A story about a man in his never-ending quest to save all the kind women of the world. See what it got him? That's right, distracted and writing about, well, anything he can wrap his head around. All content theoretically copyrighted, so send me money.

Monday, February 13, 2006

ROAD TRIP - Part 8

"... and if you aren't sure which of you is a lovely lady, why... I would be more than happy to help you figure that all out after the show. I'll be at that table (pointing) over there..."

And so into the song I went... and the crowd loved it, as oft they do. I make no exaggeration when I say that bar crowds love Tenacious D, at least, those who aren't offended by their choice of words and suggestive (and more blatantly direct) lyrics. The audience hooted and hollered like mad, asking for more. A good friend of mine suggested I play "Vaseline".

No, it isn't the Stone Temple Pilots song by the same name; rather, it is a parody I wrote of Bush's "Glycerine", and the lyrics have to do with... well, let's just say dirty lovin'.
Yep, offensive and humorous, the song is, and it usually takes many people off guard, cause the first few lines and several lines in the middle are very similar to, or were taken straight from, the original...

Suffice it to say, Older Guy was NOT a fan.

He came up to the bar, bitching and complaining about how offended he was by my music, yelling at the owner that he was doing his best simply keeping himself from basically kicking my ass outright.

Umm, yeah. Riiiiiiiiight.

The owner, this New York Italian guy by the name of Vito, was telling him to just get the hell out of there.

Meanwhile, as Older Guy was throwing his money on the bar to pay his tab before he left, I could see the Younger Woman looking over his shoulder at me... smiling all the while. Oooh, yeah...

Now, seriously... and NOT to be cockybut, yeah, she was diggin' on the Wop... I might not always be perfect at knowing when a woman is giving you "the good look" (aka. "The Eye") but she was definitely giving me high marks for my stage performance.

I think this may actually be what set Older Guy off. He said he wouldn't be offended, but when she started laughing at and enjoying even my over-the-top nasty stuff, I don't think his generational sensibilities could handle it. So, in the "name of her delicate sensibilities", he felt the need to start crowing like a rooster and stirring up a ruckus. Yeah, okay. Whatever dude.

I guess it's true what they always say about musicians - chick dig 'em....

.
.
Hey, that's what THEY say. I didn't say it. THEY say it.

Part 9 coming soon...

3 Smack Me:

At 14/2/06 16:24, Blogger HS flipped me...

lol...its ok Wop! I'm terrible at realizing any kind of hints that are thown in my direction too...and I'm terrible at dropping hints...hahaha, reason number 1293 why I'm single...

And yeah, its true, chicks do dig musicians :)

 
At 15/2/06 16:46, Blogger The Funky Bee flipped me...

AAAAAAAHHHHH come on Wop~ Part 9! Part 9!

 
At 16/2/06 15:20, Blogger Ssssteve flipped me...

Funny crap Wop!! This is great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stupid Quiz said I am "Totally Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!