.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Redneck Hoo-ha

This blog all started with a simple story. A story about a man in his never-ending quest to save all the kind women of the world. See what it got him? That's right, distracted and writing about, well, anything he can wrap his head around. All content theoretically copyrighted, so send me money.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

ROAD TRIP - Part 5

... there was a girl playing a gig there. A very attractive blond with a nice enough voice and an easy going stage manner. She had a music stand in front of her, which led me to wonder if this were perhaps an open mic situation, given that it was also a Thursday night and not a weekend. I mentioned this to the rest of my group and they egged me on into asking her to let you play a few songs.

Now, who am I to not take a dare?

So I went up on her set break and asked her if I could play a few tunes... She looked me up and down and said, "Not right now, but... how long are you going to be here? We usually 'open things up a bit' when it gets later in the evening."

I said, "I think we'll be here for at least an hour or so, maybe longer. Depends on how much my crew wants to drink." to which she told me she'd let me know when I could take the stage.

On the way back to the group table, some young guys asked me what I played, having overheard the conversation. I said, "Well, a little bit of everything, from nice to nasty. A little Jack Johnson. Some Ben Harper, Loggins and Messina, some originals, Aerosmith, Zeppelin... oh, and Tenacious D, of course."

Their eyes lit up at the last one. "The D?! Sweet!"

So... time passed, which is what it usually does. The pretty singer got back up on stage and did a few more songs and called up one fellow from the audience to play spoons and then the bongos with her. Not the most musical fellow, but people there seemed to enjoy the show.

And then she called me up...

Part 6 - coming soon...
.
.

5 Smack Me:

At 19/1/06 08:28, Blogger Bill flipped me...

You know we're all still waiting on part 7 from the other story. lol

 
At 19/1/06 09:42, Blogger HS flipped me...

lol...yeah! You're terrible for keeping us waiting like this Wop! lol

 
At 19/1/06 11:19, Blogger Mara flipped me...

hehe... I'm loving this. Can't wait for part 6.. you're such a tease!

::smooches::
Mara

 
At 19/1/06 22:23, Blogger Bill flipped me...

Man, I think Heather needs to pay a visit to my blog since I spoke so highly of her on one of wop's posts about her so long ago. lol If I wasn't married...

 
At 23/1/06 12:21, Blogger wopanese flipped me...

bill - I know. I'm so slack

hs - yes, yes... but it will eventually be worth it. REALLY.

pixie - here it is then, honey.

muse - well, maybe in a few months when I get some time to add such a thing...

bill - yeah, she's fine and funny and smart, isn't she? And foreign... I mean, it's Canada, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stupid Quiz said I am "Totally Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!