.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Redneck Hoo-ha

This blog all started with a simple story. A story about a man in his never-ending quest to save all the kind women of the world. See what it got him? That's right, distracted and writing about, well, anything he can wrap his head around. All content theoretically copyrighted, so send me money.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

ROAD TRIP - Part 7

There was an older gentleman (heretofore referred to as Old Man, or crotchety old Geezer) in particular that concerned both myself and the staff there. This man appeared to be in his 60's and he was there with a MUCH younger woman. She was an attractive woman who, if she was in her 40's, she wasn't deep into them... at least not to my discerning eye. He was obviously doing his best to impress her...

Gig girl and the waitresses made it a point of checking with him to see if he would be offended if I were to play a particularly risque song. (yeah, calling it risque is like calling Mike Tyson a bit less than gentle)

He indicated that it would not be a problem.

Perhaps it was in an effort to try to impress the lady he was with... you know, trying to play the "cool" dude for the woman of his previous generation? Who can know for sure?

Needless to say, the unanimous response was a big "go ahead"...


I began to play that deeply influential song written by two of the finest wordsmiths of our current generation, Tenacious D... yes, I am speaking of that one song, that love song that holds so much meaning to me, as it should for all men; that song that touches me deep within the dark recesses and very bowels of my being... WAY DEEP in the bowels. For real.

I began to play F**k Her Gently
with all the intensity and depth of feeling I always have when playing such a tender song... and I introduced it in the usual fashion, borrowing from Tenacious D's own handbook of musical introduction...

"I'd like to dedicate this song to all the lovely ladies in the house, you know who you are..."

at this point, I was later told, Old Man looked to his lovely younger companion and said, "I want to dedicate this song to you, the most beautiful woman in the house..."

Ahh, how sweet.... (little did he know...)

to be continued... of course...
.
.

5 Smack Me:

At 10/2/06 11:29, Blogger The Funky Bee flipped me...

Come on WOP! I want to know the rest...you are so good at teasing us with your stories. Now get to it!

 
At 10/2/06 11:43, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy flipped me...

Great series.

Awaiting part 8...

 
At 10/2/06 13:34, Blogger Ssssteve flipped me...

didn't know you had a blog!! Cool!! love the road trip series!! be back soon!!

 
At 10/2/06 14:05, Blogger Robin Alexa flipped me...

Ruh Ro!!!!

Funny.

 
At 16/2/06 15:15, Blogger wopanese flipped me...

bee - I am working on it

CUG - done. Working on part 9 now

ssssteve - mmkay. Thanks. I take it I know you somehow... Let me go look at your blog and see...

binsk - thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stupid Quiz said I am "Totally Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!