.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Redneck Hoo-ha

This blog all started with a simple story. A story about a man in his never-ending quest to save all the kind women of the world. See what it got him? That's right, distracted and writing about, well, anything he can wrap his head around. All content theoretically copyrighted, so send me money.

Friday, August 12, 2005

.
.
.
.

Odd facts and whatnot


Many of these facts came from
this site... see what happens when you're bored and it's Friday?

China has more English speakers than the United States.
- Of course, I'm going to guess that's standardized broken english, as opposed to standard American english. Of course, we haven't been doing to well with our own language this century, either (prev posting).

The Mint once considered producing doughnut-shaped coins - mmmm... Donuts....

There are only 12 letters in the Hawaiian alphabet - That's still enough letters to spell Kamanawana'lei-a and Ai'wana'nuki'nuki. So I guess 12 is really enough, no?

The average cost of rehabilitating a seal after the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska was $80,000. At a special ceremony, two of the most expensively saved animals were released back into the wild amid cheers and applause from onlookers. A minute later they were both eaten by a killer whale.
- Wow. Pretty pricey hors d'oeuvre for that orca, yeah? When later asked about it, the orca responded, "Yeah... I ate 'em... a bit on the greasy side... needs ketchup.."

Catnip can affect lions and tigers as well as house cats. It excites them because it contains a chemical that resembles an excretion of the dominant female's urine. - Yeah. Think about that the next time you get your cat high with da nip.

Howler monkeys are the noisiest land animals. Their calls can be heard over 2 miles away - sounds like one of my ex'es. At least, until she got mad... then it was worse.

A psychology student in New York rented out her spare room to a carpenter in order to nag him constantly and study his reactions. After weeks of needling, he snapped and beat her repeatedly with an axe leaving her mentally retarded - Well, at least they buried the hatchet... (okay, yeah, that was bad.) What did she do? Follow him around all week saying, "I'm not touching you... I'm not touching you..." Well, I think it was justifiable then... I wonder if he has to serve jail time for her absolute sheer stupidity? Hmmm...

A snail can sleep for 3 years - I'm jealous. I'm lucky if I can get 3 hours in a row... then again, maybe my lifestyle has something to do with that.... mmmm... nah.

When Heinz ketchup leaves the bottle, it travels at a rate of 25 miles per year. - Of course, on Sundays (or every day in Florida), elderly Sunday drivers can be seen going slower.... and usually they are ALL right in front of me. Every last one of 'em. Dammit.

Of course, part of me can't wait to retire so I can drive slow and piss off all the young whippersnappers out there. Especially the ones who drive "hoopdie cars" with 40 trillion watt stereos with 48-inch super uber-mega-subwoofers in their trunk, which make them vibrate so much that it is unsafe to drive behind them for fear of hitting the parts that are being shaken off ... but I digress.

One acre of hemp will produce as much paper as four acres of trees (and can be replaced next season). - and makes clothes and hats and has medicinal purposes... does everyone realize the real reason pot is still illegal (ahem, Georgia Pacific and kickbacks???) It's better paper, too - and we all know the Constitution and Declaration of Independence are on hemp paper, right? So, our nation was built on hemp... let's not forget that lil tidbit...


Okay, that's enough for today - I think maybe I'll try to get a few actual lines of code written before I go get some heavy drinki-, I mean thinking and contemplating done. I'll be back some time tomorrow to post more... and check on this guitar being auctioned on ebay (damn, does the collecting EVER stop? Nope.)
-
-
-
-

1 Smack Me:

At 14/8/05 21:37, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy flipped me...

I know more now, yet feel no wiser...
Hmmmmm. :)

Great stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stupid Quiz said I am "Totally Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!