.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Redneck Hoo-ha

This blog all started with a simple story. A story about a man in his never-ending quest to save all the kind women of the world. See what it got him? That's right, distracted and writing about, well, anything he can wrap his head around. All content theoretically copyrighted, so send me money.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Writer's Block

It looked like a good title at the time. I scratched my weary head and rubbed my bleary eyes and wondered how it was that I was at the office AGAIN at 2 in the morning.

I fixed the link to the John Mayer Contest and you can go see what I mean.

Well, it's Friday and I am out of things to write for the week. Ironically, I always joke with people on Fridays about having "run out of all my good material"... and now, of course, it's true. It's like that one commercial - this guy sitting at his computer all hours of the day and he clicks a link and it promptly responds, "You have reached the end of the internet" That's where my head is right now.

This weekend I have a gig at this redneck fish-fry party out in the middle of nowhere. I can only picture what it will be like at the moment - come Monday, I'm sure I will be chock full of good stories to tell. Rednecks are such fun to watch - not so much fun to get on the angry, drunk end of.. that's a bit like being on the business end of a wolverine with a broomstick shoved up its ass. But they're usually fun to watch from a distance - like from behind a chicken wire cage...

You might be wondering, hey wopanese guy, how in the hell did you get a gig at a redneck fish fry out in bumfook Agypt anyhow? Well, that's what happens when you play an Open Mike night at a mostly country-redneck bar. If someone likes how you play, even if they'd never listen to the music you're playing any other time, well.. you could be n like Flynn. Of course, this is really just the precursor to the big biker party I'm going to be playing in the weeks to come - not sure when just yet...

I suppose i'll be safe enough if I bring a lot of Budweiser beer, wear a rebel flag somewhere on my body, maybe wear a t-shirt that says something similar to the following:
  1. American by birth, Southern by the grace of God
  2. The South is like Jesus, We'll rise again
  3. Thank God I'm a country boy
  4. I'm with stoopid -->
  5. Beer - it's not just for breakfast anymore
  6. This is your brain (picture of an egg on front), this is your brain on drugs with a side order of bacon and toast
You know, the other night, at the end of Open Mike night, this guy at the bar wanted to talk to me. First, he claimed he "knows people" (whatever that means) so he wanted a demo CD of what I play, especially originals. Then he told me that he saw me a few weeks ago at the DMV (Division of Motor Vehicles - where you go to get your license, driver's tests, registration, license plates, etc) and that I had been really... umm, energetic.

You know, normally when someone says they've seen you before, you gotta expect that, most of the time, that's simply bullshit - it's a polite way of them trying to get on the in track with you. Whatever. We have all done it sometime - well, those of us who actually speak to other people in public and not just online. But just from the description alone, I knew this guy was on the level, at least about the DMV. Energetic - that's one way of describing what I was doing there, to be sure. I am absolutely certain, also, that most of the people at the DMV would be able to recognize me based upon the antics that I took that day. Now, THAT's a funny little story, really.

It was also odd realizing that sometimes... when you think to yourself, 'Bah! Who the hell is gonna remember this anyway?" before you do something smart/stupid/asinine/ridiculous/silly? Well, sometimes people actually DO remember.

Sometimes that can be a good thing. So, yeah, that whole "DMV incident" will probably be remembered by at least 2 dozen people there. It's a good thing that my face hasn't made it up on the wallboard at the Post Office yet, cause someone surely would have called by now.

Not that I've really done anything to deserve the Post Office wall...

well, not that I've actually been caught for, at least.

Okay, okay - nothing I've been caught, pressed charges with, and wasn't acquitted of - is that better for you picky anal-retentive types out there?

Speaking of chatting online... I suppose it is NOT a smart thing to do telling someone that, "Hey, I've seen you before..." yeah, hello, stalk much?
.
.
.
.

0 Smack Me:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stupid Quiz said I am "Totally Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!