.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Redneck Hoo-ha

This blog all started with a simple story. A story about a man in his never-ending quest to save all the kind women of the world. See what it got him? That's right, distracted and writing about, well, anything he can wrap his head around. All content theoretically copyrighted, so send me money.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Sunday. Work. This sucks worse

Yep, it's Sunday night and I'm back at it again. Truly sucks to be a M-F/ 9-6'er and then have to blow your weekend out with more time in the office. But I guess that's why they pay me "the big bucks." Umm, yeah, suuuure. Let's just put it this way - I'm a computer programmer/analyst with scads of database and OS and systems experience. I have a friend who is a public high school teacher. I have more experience at my job. That should theoretically automatically put me in fat, dumb, and happy-land, right? Not in this case. Nope. She makes almost as much money as I do... AND has 3 months total vacation, being a school teacher. Now, tell me there's not something wrong with this picture.

But I'm not bitching. Nope.

Okay, maybe I am. But I guess that's what this thing is for.

To top this fine weekend off? I've come down with a nasty upper respiratory infection - the modern day term for a chest cold. I should be in a bed - my new big comfy bed - resting, but here I am at work. Yeah, yeah, go ahead and play me your finger-fiddles now. It's okay, cause I can't see that from here.

But I did manage to have some coffee today, so all is well.
.
.
.
.

2 Smack Me:

At 1/8/05 09:35, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy flipped me...

Your teacher friend probably has a union. That helps, but it is a double-edged sword...

 
At 2/8/05 04:25, Blogger wopanese flipped me...

hmm.. not sure if there is a teacher's union in Virginia... think there is the NEA but they don't do all that much for them from all I've heard. Unions now, that's another issue. Gtreat for some things, horrible for others. That's a lot of topic right there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stupid Quiz said I am "Totally Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!