.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Redneck Hoo-ha

This blog all started with a simple story. A story about a man in his never-ending quest to save all the kind women of the world. See what it got him? That's right, distracted and writing about, well, anything he can wrap his head around. All content theoretically copyrighted, so send me money.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Words of Wednesday 5.10.2006

At my desk I sit and ponder
my thoughts do flit and wander
Of women fair and winsome stares
and memories of yonder

Of simple times when all books rhymed
and turn of page on chime
Of Dr. Seuss and Mother Goose
and Howdy Doody Time

And now I see what I did miss
for as a child in bliss
I never knew the tangled world
could be so full of twist

Of questions grey and issues deep
and memories I'm wont to keep
Of downcast eyes and granite stone
and all that made me weep

Of fruit I've eaten so it seems
and horrid knowledge, torrid streams
and though I flounder eat my fill
in silence drown the screams

6 Smack Me:

At 10/5/06 15:31, Anonymous Anonymous flipped me...

So sad sounding!

 
At 10/5/06 16:17, Blogger mrs. awesome flipped me...

ah, the loss of innocence.

 
At 10/5/06 18:29, Blogger Pollyanna flipped me...

So you write poetry too?!? Good Lord, you are a true Reneisance man, Wop!

 
At 11/5/06 10:27, Anonymous Anonymous flipped me...

So today are you "trying to say something?"

Just checking.

 
At 11/5/06 15:53, Blogger wopanese flipped me...

shari - and so it is

grody - the loss of innocence in many senses

jodi - well, yep. I do try

pickalish - far too kind, but thanks much!

amy - nope. It just came to mind this morning - and took a left turn from the get-go... like I normally do.

 
At 12/5/06 09:22, Blogger Rebecca flipped me...

What melancholy words...I like them very much :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stupid Quiz said I am "Totally Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!