.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Redneck Hoo-ha

This blog all started with a simple story. A story about a man in his never-ending quest to save all the kind women of the world. See what it got him? That's right, distracted and writing about, well, anything he can wrap his head around. All content theoretically copyrighted, so send me money.

Friday, October 28, 2005

And I'm the Idiot?

I guess I finally did it. I posted a comment that pissed someone off. Of course, the comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek... but I guess I was too clever for my own good, or less clever than I apparently gave myself credit for.

Of course, the best part was that they went on to insult me and call me an

IDOIT

I am still trying to figure out what that is.. I think they wanted to call me an

IDIOT

But didn't know how to spell it... and you know how I feel about the language... well, you would if you've been reading this blog for a bit...

Aside from the obvious self-embarrassing possibilities of posting a flaming comment - I mean, countless other people are going to read the comment (and see how well our system of education works), right? Do they think these blogs exist in a vacuum and that messages written to a single person are only read by that one person?

And no, I won't name names, cause I certainly don't want to start a flame war... regardless of the fact that, as an elitist bastard that has a fair command of the language and loads of experience in old school flame wars - as in live action flaming - an activity my friends and I practiced and sharpened to a fine, razor's edge back in the days BEFORE Al Gore invented the internet. And that was live and off the cuff... now, give me time to THINK of something vile to say, and well... watch out. So, trust me, this isn't out of fear - I simply have better things to do with my time than insult someone who, really, just made themselves out to be an "idoit" or "idiot" or however you want to spell (or misspell) the word.

Now, I know this isn't exactly a skill set to be proud of, and really, I am just ranting right now because I was a bit put off about this retaliatory comment that was posted AT me; however, sometimes it is good to know that you can have a quick comeback with a soul-deflating insult when it is needed. Hell, this skill has saved my skin any number of times. If I ever get back to finishing PART 7 of the original Redneck Hoo Ha tale (and its subsequent follow-up) then you will see where it embarrassed a wannabe-assaulter of yours truly to the point where he simply left before I "taunted him a second time", to borrow a Monty Python phrase.

Ahh well, had to let that loose before I go get mentally set (or unbalanced) in order to play a gig tonight. I am opening for, get this,

Captain Mungo & His Caribou Armada


Hopefully, there will be pictures...

have a great and safe Halloween (party) weekend!
.

7 Smack Me:

At 28/10/05 19:43, Blogger Chick flipped me...

I hate to have comments posted AT me too...the commenter must be an asswhole (idoit or not?)...lol.

Good luck with your gig...

But don't go off & get all balanced on me...k?

 
At 28/10/05 22:34, Blogger Sasha flipped me...

uh-oh, whatever did you do? ;-) see, now someone's gotten to calling you an idoit, i mean,idiot. :-)

have a terrific weekend too!

 
At 29/10/05 15:00, Blogger Lisa flipped me...

Um...I'm sorry, but I couldn't possibly comment after all that....oh...I just did lol

 
At 29/10/05 15:53, Blogger wopanese flipped me...

since they opened themselves up for it and apparently want to waste my time and bash this male, I am removing these comments and any others I can get my hands on to re-affirm the anonymity of this post - THUS avoid the claimed hypocrisy of said post

 
At 31/10/05 08:56, Blogger Jillian flipped me...

The world is full of jerks that have nothing better to do than leave stupid comments.

Have a super Halloween!!

 
At 31/10/05 12:53, Blogger wopanese flipped me...

muse - thanks!! For now, read my new short post!

 
At 1/11/05 22:16, Blogger Summer flipped me...

Don't you just love it when "Idoits" like that come around and reaffirm to the world their own stupidity?

Or better yet, like the flame I got a while back (which I left up) all encased in nice words like "hon" and "pretty face." That's even better...southern passive aggressive charm at its best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stupid Quiz said I am "Totally Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!