.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Redneck Hoo-ha

This blog all started with a simple story. A story about a man in his never-ending quest to save all the kind women of the world. See what it got him? That's right, distracted and writing about, well, anything he can wrap his head around. All content theoretically copyrighted, so send me money.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

My Apologies

There are people you know, people you call acquaintances, some you call friend. Some there are you hope might be more, and some you have lost along the way. There are family members you could never imagine being without, and perhaps some you wish you never had to see. Some are the type that always brighten your day, where others might always bring you down. Some warm your heart. Some chill you to the bone. Some remind them of yourself. Some are so different, you wonder how you came to know them or how these related genes made that happen. Some bring the past to you. Others press you into the future. And there are those that are with you. And sometimes those that you lose...

They lost their mother late last week and the memorial services were held Monday. I always knew I was the sensitive one, but this one struck close to home. It has been a rough week and my chin is held high, knowing that family and friends are truly what make this life worth living, or at least make it passable from high to low, and all the points between. My entries are going to be a little less regular for a while, methinks, but I appreciate all those who drop by and visit. For now, I leave you with the words of Ursula K. LeGuin, who wrote a little series of this fabled place known as Earthsea, that I enjoyed immensely in the days of my youth. This little poem always struck me as so simple, yet so true.

Only in silence the word,
only in dark the light,
only in dying life:
bright the hawk's flight
on the empty sky

-- The Creation of Ea

I didn't write it. I just know it's true. Peace, happiness, and blessings on all of you and all of them.

6 Smack Me:

At 18/10/05 19:56, Blogger Robin flipped me...

It's a beautiful truth you have posted today. Thanks for the reminder.

 
At 19/10/05 09:09, Blogger Jillian flipped me...

A wonderful Post!!! My prayers are with you!

 
At 19/10/05 19:29, Blogger Robin Alexa flipped me...

Touching.

Take care of yourself.

We'll be here when you return.

 
At 19/10/05 22:02, Blogger Jada flipped me...

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

 
At 20/10/05 17:10, Blogger wopanese flipped me...

robin - thank you

jill - thank you very much

binsk - thanks - been spending a lot of time helping others these past few weeks. Hoping all works well for them

jade - I'll send the thoughts along. Thank you

 
At 22/10/05 19:28, Blogger BTExpress flipped me...

Thanks for posting this on my blog. I am finding comfort in it each time I read it.

And my thoughts and prayers are also with you in your time of loss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stupid Quiz said I am "Totally Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!