.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Redneck Hoo-ha

This blog all started with a simple story. A story about a man in his never-ending quest to save all the kind women of the world. See what it got him? That's right, distracted and writing about, well, anything he can wrap his head around. All content theoretically copyrighted, so send me money.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Water Water Everywhere...


So, the bachelor party, with dancing girls sans clothing, with music, with boobies, sans any necessity for me to "take one for the team" went off without a hitch. I had to chaperone my roommate James and intervene in case his buddies from out of town decided to try and liquor him up - he had some very important places to be the following morning (AT EIGHT A.M.) and I was "given permission" to "play the a$$hole" to make sure he got home sober and in one piece. Taking one for the team, in case anything "exceptional" was thrown at him. Well, lucky for everyone involved, this did not come to pass.

Remind me some time later to discuss the "dancer gene", as my good friend T* called it, and its effect on most women.

The rehearsal dinner, with a pre-planned menu, sans much notice for the poor restaurant owner, with some videoing by yours truly (I am THE wedding videographer and producer of the eventual "Famous wedding video" which will likely be for sale at a store near you some day soon... keep your eye out for it)... now, where was I? Oh yes, rehearsal dinner blah blah... WITH fine food and only ONE person, ever the one to be the picky eater, selecting something off of the regular menu, went off with nary a hitch. I gave this as my main wedding gift to the bride and groom since they were on limited funds due, in part, to the very short notice of the wedding as mentioned in previous blog entries.

Finally, the wedding, with me doing video with another friend's assistance, with me also doing a long-winded toast which included a musical performance on no practice, with reception, with questionable weather, sans drama, with live music, sans liquor but with beer and wine, went off without a hitch. In fact, all things considered, I think it went pretty damned well. Seriously. Only time, and a lot of editing on my part, will determine if the video lives up to the rest of the weekend.

Of course, outside of that? Things went all to crap.... as described in the title of this post.

My well pump went bye bye. Broken. Toasty. Fried. No workie, no pumpie. Not even air. It has taken its magnetic coils and left the mortal ones. It's as useful as rust now. It's now a decorative lawn ornament for a redneck porch. It is an EX pump.

What exactly does this mean? It means I have No water. That is exactly what I have - no water. I can walk right to the well in front of my house, take off the cover, and look down at a whole bunch of nice, cold water ... but I can't make me drink... not unless I took a 22 foot drop into the well (that's 7 meters to you and me, you metric kids out there). It started "gasping air" and partially cutting off last week, pre-wedding hooha... and I got a plumber out there on very short notice. He replaced a pressure regulating switch on the pump Friday morning, pre-rehearsal dinner... and things SEEMED to be working a bit better. But he never drained the tank... and it got full... and Sunday night, right after the newlyweds left town for parts further south - to the heart of music country in the Southeast - that would be Nashville (heart of coutnry music) and Memphis (home of, the King, Elvis Presley) - it siezed up for good. Got all nice and warm... and pumped NOTHING more.

So now I have no water. I spent yesterday getting plumbers to come out and take a look at it and see what they could see... I checked my home warranty - I mean, I just bought the house in March, right? Well, right there in the semi-fine print - I could get that well pump covered for an additional fee, it said. Dammit. I suppose it's a lesson learned that I should read things like that beforehand, right?

So, now water. No pump. No coverage. Hooray for credit cards, I guess. Oh, and savings accounts.

Of course, it has been raining pretty much constantly in this area since the pump decided to start acting up. Ironic, isn't it? Rain has been pouring or drizzling or pissin out of the sky for several days straight... and THIS is when MY well pump kicks the bucket... so I get no water...

Lucky for me, I have one of the kindest neighbors in the world. He let me run a hose from my house to his so now I am feeding off of his well for the moment. At least I can wash the stink off of me each day, and keep the cats watered... so I guess it's not ALL bad... just have to replace that pump now... hooray.

Hmm... I wonder if I can get a water pump with my Thank You points from Citibank...?

4 Smack Me:

At 11/10/05 18:45, Blogger Jillian flipped me...

Sounds like a great wedding! That really sucks about your pump!!

 
At 11/10/05 20:47, Blogger Robin flipped me...

Ah jeez... just what you wanted to return to. It was all supposed to be easy-cheesy after the ceremony! Sucks, man! So sorry!!

 
At 12/10/05 13:27, Blogger HS flipped me...

Glad the wedding went off without a hitch! :)

Hope you get that well fixed...you don't realize how reliant you are on something until its gone...I hope for a speedy fixin of that pump!

 
At 18/10/05 16:46, Blogger wopanese flipped me...

jill - it was great... and now, to the video..

robin - exactly. But my neighbor rocks, so that's good.

hs - me too! Water... you need it... whodathunkit?

dana - thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stupid Quiz said I am "Totally Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!