.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Redneck Hoo-ha

This blog all started with a simple story. A story about a man in his never-ending quest to save all the kind women of the world. See what it got him? That's right, distracted and writing about, well, anything he can wrap his head around. All content theoretically copyrighted, so send me money.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Saturday. Work. This sucks.

Why in the world am I here at work on a Saturday? I'm a salaried employee, which means, in general (and specifically in this case), no overtime pay. I won't get any "comp" time for spending my time off here. I won't earn any kudos for a job well done because I spent my free time here. I doubt it will even get noticed - at least, it won't unless I screw up somehow - perhaps by leaving some lights orthe coffee machine on (the nerve!) ... Then the notice I get will be unpleasant.

So why am I here?

Hmm...

Must have something to do with wanting a continued paycheck. That's probably the biggest factor.

On the plus side, my new bed arrived today. And they set it all up for me... well, almost all up. It seems the bolts that held my headboard on my old double bed only work for connecting to a double bed frame. Apparently, I need to get some longer bolts to hook up to the new queen frame. But it's a sweet mattress - nice and firm with a pillowtop. It's an extra deep mattress, so that's nice too. Of course, now it feels like I need a stepladder just to get in the bed - it sits so much higher than the old one. And God forbid if I ever fall out of THIS bed. That's a long drop. Might need to get some extra cushions just in case. Hmmm.

You know what would be great, though? Actually having some deep-pocket queen sized sheets that will fit on the bed! That would be nice, yeah? Cause then I could actually sleep on the bed, which is basically the purpose of the bed, right? All other uses aside, and including most other uses, sheets are a nice and welcome accessory, yes? Guess I should have thought of that before having the bed delivered and sending the old one away, right? Ahh well, such is the life of the spontaneous soul...
.
.
.
.

0 Smack Me:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stupid Quiz said I am "Totally Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!