.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Redneck Hoo-ha

This blog all started with a simple story. A story about a man in his never-ending quest to save all the kind women of the world. See what it got him? That's right, distracted and writing about, well, anything he can wrap his head around. All content theoretically copyrighted, so send me money.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Eat a PETA


So what the hell is PETA, anyway?

PETA = People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals?


or could it be


PETA = People for the Early Termination of Animals

or possibly


PETA = People Eradicating Tons of Animals


or, my personal favorite


PETA = People for the Eating of Tasty Animals

Well, PETA CLAIMS to be for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, that seems to be much further from the truth.
In recent events, two North Carolinian members of PETA, were arrested for stealing animals from rescue shelters and illegally euthanizing them. Umm... so THAT's what they mean by ethical? One of the two apparently goes by the nickname "Mother of all Animals"... sounds a bit too much like "Mother of all Wars" to me. (.see story.)

And see THIS STORY - the sick details of some of PeTA's actions

Now, don't get me wrong. I love animals. I think they should be treated with great respect. I would definitely wish (or perhaps even DO) harm upon someone who harmed an animal intentionally. But PET
A uses the most ruthless of tactics and the slickest of lies to get their own personal agendas across, regardless of whether or not it holds true to their so-called ideal.

Evidence of this is given by this website : petakillsanimals.com

PETA apparently kills more animals than it adopts out. Lots more. And they do a lot of them illegally. They've gone so far as to steal animals from rescue shelters, as indicated in the story above. They have also been known to go to animal hospitals, which regularly get strays, and tell them they will care for the animals and see that they are adopted out.... and then kill them less than 24 hours later - this last story mentions one round of killing occurring WITHIN AN HOUR of picking the animals up, on the pretense of adopting them out.

Yep, sure sounds ethical to me.

But, PETA does have one saving grace. T
hey have one great slogan that makes me laugh every time I see it:
Mmm... I wonder if PETA members ever catch themselves saying, "mmm, tastes like chicken" ? sick, evil bastards...
.
.

10 Smack Me:

At 29/3/06 13:17, Blogger Summer flipped me...

As an animal lover and veterinary employee, I have a great vested interest in PETA.

That being said, I can't stand them or their tactics.

 
At 29/3/06 14:17, Blogger mrs. awesome flipped me...

i think what they supposedly stand for is admirable.....what they actually do is a different story. they discredit any good they might do with all the other crap. and they're so militant! i love animals, but here's a key part, PETA---they're NOT PEOPLE. i myself am gonna worry about little children before an animal.

 
At 29/3/06 15:14, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy flipped me...

Heh.
PETArds make me laugh...'

And that nugget thing is funny, too!!!

 
At 29/3/06 17:22, Blogger Bill flipped me...

PETA is actually on the government's list of terrorist organizations if I remember correctly. They have sent razor blades in letters to people they don't like before among many other things. There's another group that's even worse than them that's supposedly an animal rights group but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

 
At 29/3/06 20:03, Anonymous Anonymous flipped me...

Oh brother...

 
At 30/3/06 16:26, Blogger Bill flipped me...

Wondering if "p" belongs to PETA or something. lol

 
At 30/3/06 16:47, Anonymous Anonymous flipped me...

PETA is located all over sadly enough.
Their main office is located in Norfolk Va.
Other locations are D-70839 Gerlingen Germany, London United Kingdom and Juhu India.

Reading the article on PETA and looking at the pictures of the puppies/dogs they illegaly euthanized is just nauseating.

I hope they are able to prosecute the organization itself, not just the two members.

 
At 30/3/06 18:57, Blogger wopanese flipped me...

summer - I knew you'd have some thoughts and knowing where you work, I'm glad you chimed in!

grody - yep. Hey, not to lose an argument via "the Hitler rule" but, all Hitler did want was what was best for his country. Admirable wishes... of course, that whole "kill all them dirty jews and gays and blacks" thing was really not a good idea.

cug - They kind of all look the same, too... hmmm ;)

bill - I believe you are right.

People for the Egregious Terrorism of Animals?

p - if you are who I think you are then you should know that I'm not making stuff up here.

bill - if she is who she is, then she's at least a vegetarian... and that's the first step down that slippery PeTA slope. ;)

shari - unfortunately, they will likely say that those two acted outside of the dictates of the group and they will sacrifice those two weak members of the herd so the rest of them evil bastards can live on and make the rest of our lives miserably PeTA-infested.

 
At 31/3/06 11:53, Blogger Pollyanna flipped me...

Okay, well, I just stumbled on your blog and DAMN, you're funny.

This PETA thing is craziness. I had NO idea that they actually killed animals. That is just wierd. Aren't they supposed to be all about the ethical treatment of animals or something? What is thier purpose in killing animals they rescue anyway? What a bunch of freaks....thanks for posting about this issue, I truly had NO idea.

 
At 31/3/06 15:07, Blogger wopanese flipped me...

jodi - thanks much, luv. Glad you liked it and I could provide a bit of community service at the same time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stupid Quiz said I am "Totally Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!