.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Redneck Hoo-ha

This blog all started with a simple story. A story about a man in his never-ending quest to save all the kind women of the world. See what it got him? That's right, distracted and writing about, well, anything he can wrap his head around. All content theoretically copyrighted, so send me money.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Me Me Monday #27

Yes, I KNOW it's Wednesday... but my Monday post came up out of the blue and then blogger has been having shits for the past few days so I couldn't do this anyway... so a bit of a time warp for you... 27. I'm an "Elvis"-man with "Beatles"-man tendencies

I bet some of you are simply scratching your heads and wondering - what the hell is he talking about? Well... I suppose it's one of those things you just have to GROK. It's not really something you can simply explain... you just have to know it. It's not even about knowing or being a fan of either Elvis or the Beatles. You can be a complete Elvis man and not even know any of his songs... although I would really have to wonder which rock you'd been hiding under all these years if you didn't know ANY Elvis songs... or Beatles tunes, for that matter.

I have read a number of bits on the web where people discuss it - it was even brought into the modern pop culture via "Pulp Fiction", a fine movie with
some fine dialogue, to be sure. A lot of those people mistakenly believe that it has something to do with the music... and in a sense, it does... but truly, it does not. Not directly, at least. Not in its entirety.


Batmobile sighting in Anchorage, Alaska

In a way,
it's a bit like trying to know what it is to be a bat. What is the nature of a bat? Is it having the wings and the sensation of flight? Is it hearing your way to sight? Is it eating mosquitoes and fruit in the middle of the night? Yes, it is ALL of those things, but is that the essence of being a bat? And you can't simply hold the shape of a bat and understand what it IS to BE a bat - you would simply be a human in the form of a bat.. and that's not the same thing. To KNOW what it is to BE a bat, you must actually BE one... and when that happens, you will not be able to speak what it is... you will simply know it. You will GROK Batness.

So it is with being an Elvis man vs a Beatles man... you just know.

Now, I dig the Beatles, I truly do... moreso than, really, a lot of Elvis' stuff... but I'm an Elvis man, through and through... though sometimes I do show a few of those tendencies that make a Beatles-man.

I wish I could somehow make you see, make you grok Elvis-man-dome...

but I can't make you a bat, can I?
.
.

1 Smack Me:

At 23/3/06 10:02, Blogger wopanese flipped me...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stupid Quiz said I am "Totally Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!