.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Redneck Hoo-ha

This blog all started with a simple story. A story about a man in his never-ending quest to save all the kind women of the world. See what it got him? That's right, distracted and writing about, well, anything he can wrap his head around. All content theoretically copyrighted, so send me money.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Moncks Corner's Revenge - Part 6

Breakfast
it's what's for dinner

Work the next day was quick and uneventful. My job was done and the supervisor signed off on it so I was free to drive home. The day was also entirely without food - I was in such a rush to get out to the shop that I completely skipped the continental breakfast -bye bye strawberry yogurt and bagels with cream cheese. I also skipped lunch entirely because I was right in the middle of a problem at the time, and right on the verge of getting done... or so I had thought - no sloppy joes for me. But, hey, I was done, I had per diem, and I was hungry...

In other places, other cities or even large towns, this isn't a problem. But in Moncks Corner, well... this was a dangerous combination.



I left the shop and stopped off at this little local "Waffle-House wannabe" joint. I think it may have actually BEEN a Waffle House at one point but it was now just a local diner.

Which begs the question - how far down do you have to get to be a Waffle House WANNABE?

The stomach having obviously won the argument with my brain over whether or not it looked "safe enough" to eat in, I pulled up into the dirt and gravel... well, mostly dirt, parking lot and got out of my car with trepidation in my heart and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in my stomach. I opened the glass doors and walked in to the diner...

2 Smack Me:

At 28/2/06 18:10, Blogger Debi flipped me...

Hey you! Just wanted to let ya know i'm still alive and that I still enjoy your blog :) Take care ... Gigi

 
At 2/3/06 11:26, Blogger wopanese flipped me...

goob - howdy!

ty - yep. Tasty. I think they called it a cyclops at one joint. This other place I went to put a fried egg with canadian bacon (aka HAM) and barbeque sauce on it and called it a Western burger. Weird... but tasty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stupid Quiz said I am "Totally Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!