.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Redneck Hoo-ha

This blog all started with a simple story. A story about a man in his never-ending quest to save all the kind women of the world. See what it got him? That's right, distracted and writing about, well, anything he can wrap his head around. All content theoretically copyrighted, so send me money.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

So...

I've been taking a beating from numerous people these past MONTH for a decision I made after a REALLY long 2 and a half year sojourn in life. It wasn't a decision lightly made - I mean, come on, it took over 2 years - nor was it made as a statement or anything else. It certainly wasn't one of the most popular decisions I've ever made - of course, popular decisions are never hard ones, except perhaps on the individual. When the individual makes a choice that is UNpopular is when they truly must test the character of their conviction in the face of those who oppose...

and so it is with me.

But you would think that after a month of it, it would let up.

I guess not.

The worst part about decisions like this is that it unfortunately can be the thing that draws the line on the map, dividing those who wish to be your friends through the good and bad times, and those to whom you were apparently no more than a convenience, oddity, entertainment, or somehow otherwise useful. Sad, but true.

or perhaps it is my viewpoint about friendship that is skewed.

It is quite possible.

I've had friends who hated other friends I had. It was never a comfortable situation for me, but as one who always takes the devil's advocate role, I've found that the truth is found in the middle, and perception truly is what makes the demarcations as clear as they seem to be... but the truth is almost always some other shade of pale. But I could keep both sets of friends, if only because I am ever the one who hopes those oft-foolish divisions can somehow be mended with the passing of time...

sometimes even I am the optimist, rather than the realist I claim to be.

I would simply deal with them as individuals... I kept them separate... I avoided the topic of the "enemy" and simply kept them compartmentalized that way until I could find opportunities to try and mend those broken and shattered fenceposts.

I suppose that's why it hurts the most when those who call you friend turn their back on you when times like these arise...

but I guess there is something to be said for those of fair weather... cause at least you can enjoy the sunshine sometimes when the ones who hold you up in the storm are out at sea...

Labels:

0 Smack Me:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stupid Quiz said I am "Totally Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!