.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Redneck Hoo-ha

This blog all started with a simple story. A story about a man in his never-ending quest to save all the kind women of the world. See what it got him? That's right, distracted and writing about, well, anything he can wrap his head around. All content theoretically copyrighted, so send me money.

Monday, April 16, 2007

I Got Yoko Ono'd

That's right. I got Yoko Ono'd right out of the band.

be my, be my, be my Yoko Ono Whoa-whoa-whoa

How ironic that not just a week or so ago we considered learning that song at one of our fun two-man practices... and now, whoa, irony.

I've since vented and now I'm just sad. I feel sad for lots of people, including myself, who had to somehow get swept up in a drama that never should have been - as most drama never should be - a drama that was pent up full of annoyances, grievances, frustrations, questionable choices, misconceptions, misperceptions, and a few flat out lies to give it a nasty bite...

the end result is still the same
without a band I so remain
my question still is what's been gained
the cheese being rubbed out like a stain?

Sad.

And who really lost here? Maybe everyone. Lots of people seem to be making themselves out to be the victim here... myself included. But who really lost here? Well, I definitely did. And some made sure they'd lost what was left of my friendship. And maybe I count myself a better friend than I really am... probably so. I think we all like to think of ourselves as being really good at being a friend... so who knows? I know in some ways, I really am a crappy friend... but I also know I do have your back when it counts.

And maybe that's enough.

Maybe.

It's enough for me.

And who knows? Maybe I've gained something I never thought to notice before.

My manhood.

Could be. News at 11.


Labels: , , ,

0 Smack Me:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stupid Quiz said I am "Totally Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!