.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Redneck Hoo-ha

This blog all started with a simple story. A story about a man in his never-ending quest to save all the kind women of the world. See what it got him? That's right, distracted and writing about, well, anything he can wrap his head around. All content theoretically copyrighted, so send me money.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Words of Wednesday 12.06.2006

Beat.
Tired.
Dragged out.
Worn.
Walked over.

I am what I eat.
What does exhausted taste like?

You look at me and wonder how

you question why

. you doubt me
Yet struggle do I keep my sight
. and look upon you
. so happy, so bright
. and I wonder myself.
. HOW?
. WHY?

I love to play
. Performance, my love, my home
But everyone leaves
. And I have no crew
. No roadies
. And I am dismantled
. I act my age

A sign of deference
. A show of love
. or of not letting go
The moments flew on broken wings
. And I held it shining in my hand
. Burned to the bone

And now I struggle to stand

But I don't let go.

Hold on.

And tearing down
. an act of love
I must do it in my way
. it is my temple
. it is my ceremony
. it is my service

And so I load out
. my altar
. my vestment
. my accouterment
. my gear
. my stage

And weary, worn,
. I take my mobile church home...

2 Smack Me:

At 6/12/06 19:58, Blogger Robin Alexa flipped me...

Damn.

I feel pretty similar. I think.

 
At 9/12/06 13:42, Blogger Pollyanna flipped me...

deep. very deep. I don't get poetry, but I think I understand your thought here, I THINK.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stupid Quiz said I am "Totally Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!