.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Redneck Hoo-ha

This blog all started with a simple story. A story about a man in his never-ending quest to save all the kind women of the world. See what it got him? That's right, distracted and writing about, well, anything he can wrap his head around. All content theoretically copyrighted, so send me money.

Friday, December 08, 2006

TGIF = This Gas Is Flammable

These were some of the thoughts going through my head as I sat through a recent company meeting:
  • "Umm yaaahhh"
  • "mm hmmm..."
  • "yeahright... suuuure..."
Have you ever been to a corporate company meeting that was just SOOOOooo laden with bovine waste product that you actually lifted your feet off the floor so you wouldn't carry the stink home with you?

So it was with me.

Afterwards, I actually made the comment in the smoke room - don't start in on me about my bad personal habits right now, mmkay? I'm a livewire at the moment and it could get ooogly - anyway, between my smoker's coughs and hacks, I made something akin to the following comment:

"All the potential ungodly-hour noise aside, there's a good thing about the prospect of having 2 infants in my house right now - at least it makes me well-prepared for bullsh!t like this."

You know, it's unfathomable what corporate heads think of their peon employees sometimes. It makes me wonder if they actually believe their own hype, cause we at the bottom certainly don't buy into it. Some of their decisions make me wonder if they truly believe we are JUST THAT STUPID. It's not as if we didn't make it through college and get our degrees - albeit some of us, not mentioning names (like me) took a while longer to do it than others. And I'm certainly not saying you can't be smart and NOT go to college, but those of us that did AND finished with something besides a BS in Party Science (something to which I had, at one point, aspired) do have SOMETHING going on upstairs. All the peons here thus have our "papers." And it is simply and flatly insulting to us to expect us to look at the craptacular pile of garbage their handing us and believe them when they tell us it's a tasty filet mignon.

We are:
NOT
THAT
STUPID


And yet they soldier on with their difficult lives of handing this stank-laden fertilizer byproduct to us in overlarge portions.... and then they wonder why we aren't capering around in thanks for all they've "given us."
Oh yeah... they've made my list of
"First Ones Up Against the Wall When the Revolution Comes."
Have a great weekend all!

2 Smack Me:

At 9/12/06 13:41, Blogger Pollyanna flipped me...

I hear you loud and clear my brother! I work for corporate America too and you got it so right. I ask myself that same question daily, "do they really think we are THAT stupid???". But, then they gave me a raise so I decided it doesn't matter how stupid they think I am. hahahahaha :)

Do you really have two infants living in your house? or was that just to make your point better??

 
At 10/12/06 11:42, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy flipped me...

"Oh yeah... they've made my list"

When do we get to see the list, bro?

And corporate meetings? Yeesh. I try to stay out of meetings at all costs.
Too trying...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Stupid Quiz said I am "Totally Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!